broken tent

Camping Insurance

This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning I may earn a commission if you use those links.

 Please read my full disclosure for more information.

A worthwhile investment for any keen and regular camper is camping and/or tent insurance. It is estimated that only 11% of regular campers have a tent and/or camping insurance. Some don’t realize that there is such insurance and others are just willing to leave it to chance.

With good quality family tents costing form a few hundred to over a thousand pounds these days, it is not really something that should be left to chance. Many people wouldn’t book a package holiday without insurance so why would not cover yourself and your equipment for those much-needed camping holidays.

Cover to Suit You

Cover can be as simple as covering your tent and equipment while in use on holiday to more comprehensive cover that will find you somewhere to stay should your camping trip be cut short for any reason. Some providers, if you take out European cover will ensure you get home when camping abroad should the only driver take ill. That is a huge weight of anyone’s mind.

It doesn’t cost the earth and gives great peace of mind, but, as with any insurance shop around and get a package that suits your needs and covers you for everything that you need it to.

As with all insurances, there are many levels of cover so speak to an advisor to get the best cover for you and your gear.

Shield Total Insurance

Peace of mind for every camping enthusiast. Cover for tents, camping equipment, personal possessions and camping holidays. European cover is also offered as well as insurance for trailers, campers, and motorhomes.

At Shield, your cover not only covers your tent and camping equipment from theft, fire, storms, and flooding it also covers personal effects that you are using while on your camping holiday. Public Liability can also be taken so if your tent or equipment causes damage or injury to others you are also covered. You may also be able to insure more than one tent if you should need to. I know many people have tents for different uses and this will help cover them all.

As with taking out any insurance, I would recommend you talk to an advisor to get the right cover for you.


The Camping and Caravan Club

As well as everything else they do the Camping and Caravan Club also offers camping insurance. This is also known as Club Care. Whether you are off a hike with a tent strapped to your back or a family camping holiday they will be able to provide insurance cover to suit your needs.

As with the previous insurer, you can get cover for more than one tent, cover for gear and personal possessions. Should your tent get damaged they may be able to hire a tent for you to continue your holiday with minimal disruption.

Towergate Insurance

If it’s a trailer tent, pop up caravan or folding camper you take away to a campsite Towergate has got you covered. This insurer allows you to build your own cover so it can be tailored to your individual needs. Trailers can be covered for damage when towing, although some exclusions apply, mainly tyres and braking mishaps like punctures. If this were to happen you would need to inform your breakdown provider.

See our list of breakdown providers here.

You can have cover for storm damage as we all know the British weather can be unpredictable at times. As with any insurance ensure you speak to an advisor to get the right level of cover for you and your gear.

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Comment


Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Follow by Email